Friday, January 12, 2007

snowboarding at Donner Ski Ranch

I finally hit the slopes last week and it was a great time out. We went up to Donner Ski Ranch which is a perfect mountain for beginner and intermediate riders. Perfect because the lift lines are short, the price is cheap, and the slopes aren't too steep. I concentrated on perfecting my turns and by the end of the day I was leaving some nice 'S' tracks. I had a couple of hard falls but that was offset by some good runs.

I also got to use my new Leedom helmet with built-in speakers for my mp3 player. The music kept my energy level up while I was practicing toe-side tracks. The helmet had lots of vents and was really lightweight. I bought it for $75 from costco online and am really happy with it.

I definitely see and feel the improvement and look forward to making a few more trips this season. Here are more pics courtesy of Simon.

No comments: